Reservations are required for all programs and self-guided visits. Contact the museum anytime to reserve programs for future dates.
How to Register:
- Name of school or group attending
- Name and contact information for lead teacher or trip organizer
- Total number of students in group
- Grade level or age group of students
- Choice of programs
- Preferred visit dates: Workshops and self-guided tours are available May – October or by special arrangement. Thanksgiving and History Explorers programs are offered on select dates (see program description). Outreach programs are available January – April.
Once your visit is scheduled, you’ll receive a Confirmation Email and information about how to access the online Field Trip Planner. Please check your confirmation page for accuracy and call us with any changes.
Fees and Payment:
- Time Travel Workshops: $12.00 per student/$8.00 per adult chaperone
- Thanksgiving Program: $12.00 per student/$8.00 per adult chaperone
- History Explorers Program: $12.00 per student/$8.00 per adult chaperone
- Self-Guided Visit: $8.00 per student/$8.00 per adult chaperone
- Outreach Program: $150 per initial presentation (plus mileage), $100 per subsequent presentation of same program.
NOTE: Classroom teachers and school staff attend at no charge and participation in any Time Travel Workshop includes admission to the museum.
How to Find Us:
Strawbery Banke Museum is located in beautiful, historic Portsmouth, New Hampshire on the southern bank of the Piscataqua River. Portsmouth is 1 hour north of Boston, 1 hour south of Portland, and 1 hour east of Manchester. The street address is 14 Hancock St., Portsmouth.
Directions to Strawbery Banke Museum
- From either I-95N or I-95S, take exit 7 (downtown Portsmouth)
- At the end of the ramp, head south towards the center of Portsmouth: left if coming from the north, right if coming from the south.
- Proceed approximately one mile, through one traffic light, to a yellow blinking light. At this blinking light veer to the right onto Russell Street. At the stop sign at the end of Russell Street, take a right.
- At the next intersection, make a left turn onto Maplewood Ave. Stay in the left lane and go through 2 sets of lights. At the third set of lights take a left onto State Street.
- Get into the right-hand lane on State Street. Go through 2 sets of lights and continue to the stop sign where State Street intersects with Marcy Street.
- Take a right onto Marcy Street. (Prescott Park will be on the left hand side). Proceed on Marcy Street, past Mombo Restaurant and take the next right, which is Hancock Street. The Strawbery Banke Museum parking lot is on your immediate right. Museum ticketing is in the Tyco Visitors Center, conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot.
GPS Coordinates for Strawbery Banke Museum: N43°4.4919, W070°45.198
Museum Facilities and Amenities:
Download a map of the Strawbery Banke Museum here.
For More Information
If have specific questions or want more information about our programs and curricular offerings, please fill out the form below. An educational coordinator will be sure to contact you. If you want to schedule a trip to Strawbery Banke Museum, please fill out a group reservation form.